Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
COVID-19 Coronavirus Relief Fund
The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma has allotted additional CARES Act funds for its Disability Food Security, Elder Food Security, Age 18-54 Food Security and Housing Assistance programs. For more information, please contact 580-916-9140 ext. 83814, 83822, or 83876.
COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
This assistance is available for qualified charges for rent and utilities provided between March 13, 2020 and December 31, 2021, which have not been paid with other funds. The Choctaw Nation ERAP will make payments directly to landlords and utilities, not to household members.
To Demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability:
- Have a household income at or below 80% of the area median income or qualify for unemployment
- Estimated area median income can be found on this website
- Landlords and utility companies will be required to complete Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma application forms to receive payments. Choctaw Nation tribal members must attest that they and members of their household have not received, and will not receive, payments for these same monthly charges from any other sources.
- Eligible Age: 18+
- Application Dates: March 1, 2021 to November 30, 2021, or until allocated funding is exhausted.
- Benefit: Up to 12 months of assistance, per eligible Choctaw Nation tribal member household
- Contact: Choctaw Nation Housing Authority
Toll Free 800-235-3087
ACT Online Test Prep
ACT Academy is offering a free online ACT test prep tool for students with personalized, self-guided plans based on test results from the PreACT and ACT tests, as well as official ACT practice tests. Students can sign up at academy.act.org for this free service. Once students set up their username and password, they will be able to watch webinars over each subject area and take practice tests.
- Benefit: Free
- Service Area: National